The first Good Bracket
Posted by Garrett Winder on 31 March, 2017
Earlier this month we created our first annual Good Bracket — a March Madness starter kit for facilitating your design agency’s office pool. We sent the kit out to about 50 design agencies around the nation; a handful of current clients along with a very select group of agencies we could see ourselves working with in the future.
The idea came about over a cup of coffee the Monday morning before the 2017 March Madness schedule was announced. We were looking for ways to get our name out there as a web and mobile development partner for design agencies without using the standard car salesman tactics…vualá.
We were on a tight schedule so just like any project, we came up with a game plan, setup some milestones and hit the ground running.
- Monday: Order tubes to send the 24” × 36” master brackets in
- Tuesday: Design the brackets and come up with a game plan for printing
- Wednesday: Create content for, and design, instructions
- Thursday: Create custom labels for the tubes and create a website to feed everything through
- Friday: Package it all up and send it off!
It was fun getting our hands dirty in a physical project for once, and we’re looking forward to doing it again next year. We’ll be able to do a lot more, too, since we’ll have more than 5 days to think it all through this time.
Hip hip hooray to our friends at Clampitt Paper for donating the PosterColor X 180 matte paper we printed the Master Brackets on this year.
Here are some pictures of how it all turned out.