(Closed) Wanted: Front-end web developer
Posted by Chris Rowe on 19 June, 2017
This position has been filled.
We’re looking for a smart, enthusiastic and seasoned front-end web developer to join our growing team. This is a remote position (unless you’re in Dallas, TX).
Good Work is an expert team of developers helping companies build things for web and mobile. We’re incredibly detail oriented, and take pride in our ability to execute the most subtle details of our client’s designs. Here’s a few examples of our current projects:
- A React app for an insurance startup
- An e-commerce shop for an up-and-coming clothing brand
- Front-end templates for a high fashion women’s brand
We also handle the technology and support behind about a dozen design agencies, and have a few software projects of our own.
We office out of a cool old house in the heart of the Uptown neighborhood in Dallas, Texas — a short walk from all the bars, restaurants and entertainment you can handle. Half of our team is in Dallas, and half is remote (intentionally!).
- Love what you do and bring that passion into work with you everyday
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to our best practices and documentation
- Build and maintain front-end templates
- Content Management System and web application integration
- Day to day maintenance of existing websites and features
- Quality assurance testing
- Solid understanding of web standards and accessibility
- Possess an analytical mind, questioning everything that you produce
- Ability to jump in and maintain existing projects quickly
- A good eye for design, but not a designer
- Know your way around Creative Suite, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Be a good communicator and confident enough to work with clients and meet deadlines
- Experience with the Craft CMS and ExpressionEngine content management systems
- Experience working with a version control system (Specifically Git)
- Know your way around Ruby and PHP front-end templating
- Client-side optimization techniques
Competitive salary, flexible hours, health benefits, retirement plan with company matching, monthly hackathons, etc. We also head out to Colorado every year for a good ol’ fashioned company retreat.
How to apply
If you’re interested, please send us your résumé and portfolio (or GitHub profile!) to [email protected]. You will be asked to discuss your previous work at the interview.
Looking forward to meeting y’all!
FYI: Recruiters will be crushed and melted.